Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Oct . 26, 2011 Pengalaman-Pengalaman yang Luar Biasa! (Amazing Experiences!)

Dear Family,

It sounds like everyone is having a great week and all things are going well. I am a little disappointed that the Rangers didn't sweep the World Series because now I have to wait a whole other week to find out what happened. Not everyone can be serving in a ward with native Texans living in it and have to luxury of having an in on the Texas Sports. Ridiculous!!! Bevan is spoiled! And I haven't eaten on Halloween Pillsbury cookie all October. That is so fun that you had a baby shower for Melissa. I actually just got the birth announcement she sent me last week. She is quite a cute little baby! And Melissa looked pretty skinny. You must be on the Indonesian Rice diet. Is everyone going trick-or-treating this week? Are you even going to hand out candy? Maybe I'll go trick-or-treating... I will actually get to knock on a door. HA! (I thought it was funny...) Is Malan almost done with his BYU application? Where are you going to live? What class are we going to take together next fall Malan? Let's make it more exciting than the geology class me and Bevan took!

Well this week has been a pretty great one. I'm enjoying my new companion and we keep working hard, hopefully something will come from it. But this week there have been two pretty cool, sweet experiences that would've had Dad crying if he were there. I thought I would share them with you. First, was this last Sunday when it was the Malang Branch's Primary Program. The 11 kids that are in the Primary did quite an amazing job and it was the best Primary Program I've seen in a long time. But I was honored to take part in it. The kids sung Armies of Helaman and they asked the 4 missionaries serving in the Branch to take part and sing with them. It was a very powerful experience that had more than a few people in the congregation with tears in their eyes. I was very humbled and grateful for this experience to serve my mission in Indonesia and strengthen the church here and help bring people to the light of the Gospel. It was just a cool moment and one where my testimony was strengthened even more. And it was probably the one time in my life that I enjoyed participating in a primary program.

The second one happened yesterday, we went to go visit on of the pioneer members of the Branch here. His name is Brother Boiman and his granddaughter loves going out with us to teach. This Brother, about 80 years old, has been a member for a little over 30 years, has always been active and strong in the church, and has brought and helped some of this children and grandchildren into the church. His wife, who was also a member, died last year and they as a couple were never able to go to the temple. Yesterday when we were there, he told us how he had just found out on Sunday that in January he will have to opportunity to go to the Philippians to go to the temple. He said it was a miracle and that he had pretty much given up hope and thought he would never be able to make it. There were tears of joy and gratitude in his eyes, and maybe in my and my comp's eyes, as he told us this. His smile on his face was indescribable when he said that he finally would be able to be sealed to his wife. It was an amazing experience that made me so grateful for the blessings of the temple and how close we have one in Dallas. No doubt a blessing oftentimes taken for granted. I hope, after talking to Brother Boiman, I never take it for granted again.

Well this week, finally Floren will get baptized. It has been on long experience teaching her, but well worth it at the same time. I've learned a lot from her and love her a lot. She is a great 16 year old girl and has a great testimony. She is a great example to her family and her friends. I'm really looking forward to this experience. It should be wonderful.

As for other investigators... It actually isn't too hard to find people to listen to us once, but that want to let us come back is the trick. We have taught a lady Ibu Pontoan, who has two daughters who are members, and she has been taught off and on for the past few years. We are hoping to focus on her to help her and help her gain a testimony like her daughters. She is a very nice lady, who cooks really good, but that is besides the point. Hopefully good things come from it. Hopefully we can get some more investigators that are eager to hear this great gospel.

Well I love you all and miss you all. I am happy I got to share these great experiences with you. I know that this church is true and that it is the greatest blessing in our lives. I am so very grateful for it each and every day. Have a great week. Keep for those Rangers for me!!! I believe in them, all the way in Indonesia!!! And I will be anxiously waiting news to know if they won or not. Love you all!!!

Love,
Leah


No comments:

Post a Comment