Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Selamat Datang ke Dunia, Viola!!! (Welcome to the World Viola!!!)

Hey Family,

Sounds like it was quite the exciting week to be apart of at home with lots of things happening. Don't worry it didn't make me too homesick, probably because the weekly letter Dad sent me this week was from February and talked about BYU Basketball ... I don't quite know how that one happened but kind of funny. So really I have no idea what happened this week. Except for the fact that Viola was born!!! YAY!!!!!! You look quite adorable Viola and sorry I can't be there to hold you but I'm doing something kind of important on the other side of the world. I hope you forgive me and still think of me as your favorite aunt!! She looks a lot like me so that's good. She is one lucky girl!!! I can't wait to meet you in who knows how many months!! But what exactly is her birthday? June 1 or May 31 because with the time change and everything I do not quite know... I know will never be able to get it right her whole life. Sorry Viola!!

In other news... WAY TO GO MAVS!!!! I just am trying REALLY hard not to think about it and how many people there are in Carrollton, TX who are laughing at the fact that the Mavs are going to the finals right after I start my mission. I am sure there are quite a number of them. Ridiculous. You better TVo each and every game for me. I wonder if I could go the whole rest of my mission not knowing who wins so it could be a surprise when I come home... hmm... Also I want a Western Conference Champions Shirt please!!!!

In other news from Indonesia ... I have a question... What is more useless than a missionary who cannot talk? NOTHING!! Yep, I've been a bit under the weather this past week and have completely lost my voice!!! It is just not there and hasn't been for like 4 days. My mission president told me to just stop talking! I do not know how to spread the good news of the gospel without talking. Maybe I will just start acting out first vision story on the side of the road without words. An interesting new finding technique. I've spent two days sleeping all day in the mission home while Sister Nababan went out with my mission mom. Very exciting, but I am getting better. I am getting more energy and able to work, but still can't talk at all, kind of frustrating. But don't worry too much mom. I will be healthy again in no time.

Other than that... because I've been sick I really don't know if anything else is going on. Our investigators are still doing well. Riyanti is still doing well and has opened up about some of her main concerns and hesitations about the church and have been able to help her with those. She is still reading the Book of Mormon and praying so hopefully soon she will feel ready enough to set another baptismal date.

Ibu Sri's mom got sick this past week and has gone back to another city to take care of her. It is kind of sad because we were all ready to commit her to a date to baptism but then she left. But hopefully she will come back soon within the next couple of weeks and we can pick up where we left off.

Umm... We don't have too many other progressing investigators just ones who like to discuss with us about the Bible. But my funny story for the week is that we started teaching a "famous" Indonesian soup opera actress. She is "famous" because she believes in her own head that she is famous. She spent about 3 hours with us just showing us all the things in her house, her self-portraits, her photos from her childhood, and telling us all these ridiculous stories that I don't think had an ounce of truth. I honestly was sitting there and kept thinking ... oh I wish Bevan and Malan were her with me because they could make SO many jokes out of this. It was awesome. We left thinking that there would be no way that she would read or pray, but she did! So there will be even more great stories from Linda the Indonesian Actress!

Well... I'm glad everyone had a great week and that mom survived her first week as a mother of two missionaries. That's good!! You can do it Mom!! Keep cheering those Mavs for me, because I have literally sacrificed my voice for the cause of the Gospel I cannot cheer right now. I expect that you all do it for me! I love you all and know that this gospel is true!! I love being a missionary despite the fact that I can't talk right now, it is still good. I love and miss you! Have a great week!!

Love,

Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment